visit
InspiringEntries.com
for updates.





What a beautiful morning! I woke up early this day - afraid to be late in our scheduled Young Adults ' Planning Session in Farview. hehe.. I went out to our unit's balcony and witnessed the foggy (was it really fog or smog?) Makati. i never seen that before. i felt i was in Mindanao State University (Marawi City) where each morning is greeted by fog and a bright sunshine. It was amazing, I felt peace from within whenever scenes like this display before my eyes.


I went to the nearest Internet cafe to have my report done for the planning. 7:30 - i hurried off to MRT guadalupe Station to meet my Bro. Ferdie to accompany me on our way to Fairview. We arrived on time at Samaritana - a very solemn place in the heart of East Fairview. Hope you guys could visit the place one of these days. If you want some solitary place in the city, you can go to this place. Enough for that. Samaritana did not pay me for endorsement. Haha..


We were there on time(kanina ko pa nga sinasabi) but the formal session did not start right away. My stomach was struggling for not having my breakfast. I decided to have one delivered by McDonalds. Due to stress (from last night's blogging) and hunger, I experienced headache and pains on my bones. FYI, I'm suffering from a condition called Scoliosis. The pain usually lasts for hours.


Anyways, the session was good.We discussed the past accomplishments and future plans.


After the whole day's activity, the group part waysbringing an inspiration to move on with the ministry that the LORD has entrusted us.


This Sunday is very unusual to my regular Sunday routine where I usually wake up early, rush for the First Service, sing with co-choir members, listen to Pastor Ed Lapiz' sermon, meet some friends and share insights with other Young Adults in the Church.


This time, I decided to worship at Victory Christian Fellowship in Robinsons Galleria even though I felt the pain all over my body.


Thank you for reading my Inroduction. Hehe.. Here we go. My post starts here. The following are my personal reflections from the Pastor's sermon that night.


It was about knowing God's will through our bodies.



Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to
offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your
spiritual act of worship.



Romans 12:1

It is God's will that we offer our bodies to Him. our bodies belong to the Lord. It should not be used for sexual immorality



Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will
destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the
Lord, and the Lord for the body.



1 Corinthians 6:13

Our bodies are not meant for pre-marital sex, for homosexual acts, for masturbation, etc. Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. We should aim day by day to honor this Spirit that lives in us by striving to be pure in all our ways. Honor God with our bodies. Offer ourselves to God. Let us keep our standards of purity high because the body that we have can be used to honor God. And how do we honor God more? - by taking care of this body through balanced diet, regular exercies, etc.


When we are healthy, God can use us for His greater glory. It's hard to reach out to others when we are sick (physically and spiritually). To be healthy (and godly), one must sacrifice some things. What does sacrifice means? Sacrifice is giving up something valuable or important for somebody for something else considered to be of more value.


Jesus, the greatest sacrifice demands the best offering from us. And what could be our best offering for Him? - It is our own life! There is no greater offering than this one. So, let us present our bodies as living sacrifices before God.


To end this post, let me share some lines from a Tagalog worship song:




Ano pa ba ang maihahandog ko,

liban sa buhay kong nanggaling sa Inyo

kung anuman sa sandaling ito'y tangan

at mga bagay na tinuri kong yaman

ito'y hindi pa rin sapat sa alay na nararapat sa Inyo


LIVE LIFE. LIVE FOR GOD!

2 comments

  1. Admin // January 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

    BTW I saw your site via entrecard at my http://techathand.net.

    Good to see the site. Continue to praise God with Your Life and You will see his Glory.

    To God be the Glory

    Brod Dexter
    www.pwsonglyrics.blogspot.com

  2. masterbetong // January 25, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

    A very inspiring site you got here. I'd like to invite you to join the Pinoy Blog Directory http://pinoyweblisting.com

    Thanks & God Bless